John Bridge Monument
John Bridge left Braintree, Essex County, England in 1631 as a member of Reverend Mr. Hooker's Company, settling here in 1632 and staying when the company moved to Connecticut. He became the supervisor of the first public school established in Cambridge in 1635, served as deacon of the church from 1636-1658, as a representative to the Great and General Court from 1637-1641, and was appointed by that body to lay out lands in this town and beyond.
Located on the Cambridge Common.
William Eustis Russell House
- Massachusetts Avenue and Waterhouse Street
- Cambridge, MA 02138
- Harvard Square
- Monument / Statue