thumbnails

Irish Famine Monument

This monument was cast by Maurice Harron, and was dedicated to the President of Ireland on the 150th anniversary of the Irish Potato Famine's darkest year: 1847. It is depicting the separation of a family due to The Great Hunger as the base reads "Never again should a people starve in a world of plenty."

Located on the Cambridge Common.


Suggestions

Bishop George A. McGuire

Cambridgeport
George Alexander McGuire, an Episcopal priest, was the minister of St. Bartholomew's...
see&do

H. Langford Warren House

West Cambridge
Built in 1904, this house was built by and for H. Langford Warren. Warren played a...
see&do

Stoughton House

Harvard Square
Designed by architect H.H. Richardson in 1882, and built for Mrs. Edwin Stoughton,...
see&do

contact

  • Massachusetts Avenue and Waterhouse Street
  • Cambridge, MA 02138
  • Harvard Square

Type

  • Monument / Statue